Our Up-Cycled Leather Dog Collars are made from leather cut from seconds, scrap, and repaired leather western horse saddles and tack. Don't worry, the leather is clean but may contain a few natural scratches. All snaps, buckles, and fasteners are new.
- Specify Size when ordering.
- Use a sewing measuring tape to measure your dogs neck or the size (using inches) of the current coll that fits your canine family member.
How to Size Your Dog!
- First, dogs are not all the same. Secondly, many dog breeds are similar when it comes to collar size. So, the chart below is a guideline.
- Always measure your dog before ordering a collar.
- Always allow 2 -3 inches after you measure.
- Collar width is important - a collar that is too wide for your dog may cause irritation and sores.
- Lastly, puppies grow - so the first collar is rarely the last.
Collar Size Chart!
- Small dogs: Collar length 8-11 inches long by just over half an inch wide
- Medium dogs: Collar length 12-15 inches long by around three quarters of an inch wide
- Large dogs: Collar length 16-19 inches long by around an inch wide.
- Extra large dogs: Collar length 20-23 inches long by around an inch wide